Two Peaks Fitness
216 S. Main St., La Veta, CO 81055
Hours: 7 days a week 5:00am-9:00pm.
Staffed Hours: Weekdays from 9 am -12 pm and 3 pm – 6 pm, Weekends by appointment
Cost: Day pass $5.00, weekly pass $15, monthly varies – $35 senior/corporate, $40 individual, $30 student/military, $70 couple, $15 LiveWell scholarships (based on availability and income)
Two Peaks Fitness offers a number of classes: Check the web-site for class days and times.
Two Peaks Fitness offers a number of classes:
- Circuit / STEP Aerobics: Aerobicize your way to cardiovascular fitness; circuit training including Indoor Walking in Place, Swiss Ball, Spin Bike, Step Aerobics, and stretching.
- Fit for Life: Fit for Life focuses on a mixture of cardio, weight, and aerobic exercises performed as circuit training. Included are hand-to-eye coordination and balance training. Suggested for all ages.
- Fresh Start: This exercise class is geared towards seniors. All movements and exercises are designed to improve flexibility, range of motion, strength, balance, core strength, and coordination of left, right, and opposite sides of the body. The intent is to improve the conditions that occur as we age.
- HATHA YOGA: Hatha is an alignment-oriented practice that emphasizes the forms and sections within yoga postures. Emphasis is placed on core strength, flexibility, and balance as well as concentration and breath control.
- Hercules “R” Us: High cardiovascular with strength training workout, including battle rope.
- Indoor Walking in Place: Get in your walking, regardless of the weather.
- Spin Bike: Using a stationary bike, Spin Bike focuses on endurance, strength, intervals, high intensity periods of cycling, and recovery. Routines are designed to simulate terrain and situations similar to riding a bike outdoors. Dumbbell exercises and floor work integrate cardiovascular exercise with strength training.
- Swiss Ball: Swiss Ball provides opportunities for increasing balance and agility while using your abs and glutes, and for coordinating upper and lower extremities. It builds core strength and can create tighter abs and slimmer thighs when done on a regular basis.
- Yoga Stretch: Yoga Stretch consists of meta-movements that include transitions between hatha yoga postures, Level I Pilates stretches, dance exercise, and breathing techniques. Alignment of the body using a gentle approach is the key to obtaining outstanding results.
- Zumba: Zumba is a dance-based fitness class using a fusion of Latin and International rhythms with easy-to-follow-moves. It includes both cardio and resistance training components designed to tone and sculpt the entire body, and is for adults of all ages and fitness levels.
Class schedule available at www.twopeaksfitness.org/calendar.htm
Class held on Saturday at 9:00am and Wednesday at 5:30 pm at the La Veta School of Art, or Town Park weather permitting. Cost is $5.00 per class, or $20.00 per month. Classes start in April and October. FMI Peggy Zehring (719) 742-5193. www.theLVSA.org
Walking, Hiking and Biking
Visit www.lavetatrails.org for links to multi-use trails and walking events. Trails range from easy to difficult.
La Veta Yoga Studio
200 S. Main St, La Veta, CO 81055
Yoga classes are 1 hr 15-30 minutes. $12 Drop in or $75 Monthly unlimited
Class schedule available at website.
For more information, contact Ruth Heal at 719-738-1558 or 415-233-2632 (cell). You may also contact Margie McMahon at 719-989-8128