P.O. Box 202
La Veta, CO 81055
La Veta Trails is a 501(c)(3) non-profit established in 2015. We are an all-volunteer organization with a Board of Directors that provides leadership for building a community trail system for all ages and all abilities. Our mission is to develop 10 miles of interconnected recreational trails.
Follow us on Facebook to find out about walks and events!
We will have three types of volunteer activities: Scheduled Volunteer Work Days, Trail Steward and Events. Since 2015, La Veta Trails volunteers logged over 1000 hours on trails, events and growing the organization. Whether you have a little or a lot of time, the community trail system needs you. Visit our web-site for a Volunteer Form.
You can help by joining or making a tax-deductible donation. 100% of all money we receive is reinvested in trails.
- Complete the restoration of the School Nature Trail.
- Make improvements to the Wahatoya State Wildlife Area trails.
- Conduct a rail-with-trail feasibility study.
- Work with CDOT to create a Trail to Uptop off U.S. Highway 160.
- Host the Discover La Veta Guided Walk Series.
- Continue to address safety of cyclists on highway 12 and highway 160.